Pimp My Dollhouse: designPOST interiors

Monday, October 14, 2013

Good Monday, folks!  Today I'm thrilled to welcome Beth from Design Post Interiors to share her take on making over my Dollhouse!

If you recall, I've asked a few of my favorite bloggers to come up with some ideas for making over the living room and dining room of my house using five items I already own.


And so now, here's how Beth sees the makeover of these spaces:

Hello all, Beth here visiting from designPOST interiors!  I am so excited to be here today pimping 
Kim's dollhouse!  I have been following along this series and drooling over all the designs.  When 
you are working without a budget, it really doesn't get much better!  Maybe it was the endless budget
or the fact that I was working with pieces so different from my usual style, but I decided to go way
outside of the box for Kim.  I try to always choose styles that work for my client's but since we were 
going all fantasy on this, I decided to push the limit a little bit.  I veered a little from chinoiserie and 
brought the elements together in a more casual bohemian way.  I love taking traditional pieces and using
them in an unexpected combination.  And of course I believe every room needs a touch of nautical!


Pimp my Dollhouse living room

For the living room I decided to use Kim's dream fabric as roman shades.  I love how they add a bright
punch of color!  Working from those colors I was able to tie in some new patterns on the rug and
throw pillows.  I love the idea of using a bold green sofa instead of a boring ole neutral.  After choosing
metals and wood tones for the accent furniture, I love how the wheat sheaf table base adds the perfect
golden pop.  I tied that in with the sconces as well.

Pimp My Dollhouse dining


I envision the dining room being right off of the living area so I wanted to continue with a version 
of the same palette.  This time the fabric ended up as throw pillows.  Again it livens up the space 
with all the beautiful colors.  I chose a mixture of chairs that would bring a more casual vibe to the space.
I love the juxtaposition of the Duncan Phyfe table with laid back slip covered and rattan chairs.  The rug 
ties back in the navy from the living room but in a little more formal version.  I wanted both rooms to
have a more casual and natural feel so I used one of my favorite wallpapers from Paperboy Wallpaper 
as well as leafy topiaries and a seagrass mirror.

I love this challenge as I always love to see how I can meld different styles.  Although Kim and I have 
different takes on decorating, I love that we can both use the same pieces to create rooms we love.  I 
hope you enjoyed my take and I'd love for you to come visit me at designPOST interiors!


So, what do you think?  I love Beth's idea of using my gorgeous Chinoiserie fabric to make roman shades.  So smart and tailored, don't you think?  I also love that little punch of yellow at the dining room table - the entire palette feels so fresh!

Thanks for participating, Beth!

What do you love most about Beth's plan??

11 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Love it Beth! Those chairs look amazing and like Kim, love the roman shade idea! Great job!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great designs! Can't wait to see the final design choice and how you will put it all together.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

It's amazing how everyone comes up with such a different plan for the space using the same elements! This is one of my favorites, so soft and inviting, but with the color that you love so much, Kim! I love the use of the fabric for roman shades and pillows in the dining room. Beautiful boards, Beth!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Beth, that living room is so good!!! I want it.

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Thanks again Kim for letting me in on the fantasy land project!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Using your fabric for romans was just brilliant. I love both boards!

pam {simple details} said...

So pretty, Beth! Love that we get to see a nice dose of that gorgeous fabric! The rattan and slip covered chairs are a favorite, too!

Price Style & Design said...

I have loved everyone's ideas! It's so fun to see all the different spins on your amazing items!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the chairs Beth used for the dinning room...great style!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful! I love it!
Kim, I have no clue how you are going to choose from these gorgeous images!
Teresa
xoxo

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Love the chairs she picked for the living room!