One Room Challenge Week 3 - Kitchen Table & Chairs

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

You guys.  I have to fess up.  I had many comments last week from readers who were so impressed by the amount of work I had accomplished in a week.  Full disclosure.  The changes I showed you last week were made in 2 years time.  Not so impressed now, are you?  I  wanted to show you the real beginning in the first post, which was truly where it all started. Last week's post showed the state of the kitchen at the start of the ORC. Got it?  

Now, let's talk about my dining area.  It's small.  It's basically a table pushed up against the wall because if it wasn't pushed up against the wall we wouldn't be able to open the refrigerator or the dishwasher.  And that's important.

I've had a revolving door of tables in here but I think I've finally hit on a winner.

It's this one. I don't know what its made of or how old it is but it's just what I've been looking for.  I wanted something somewhat casual and timeworn, and this table had such nice clean lines and the right amount of wear.  And it fit the space perfectly.  Finally. 

Remember back in July when I posted about my love of mixing traditional dining tables with modern chairs?


That's what I'm doing.  I thought about using these beauties I picked up a few weeks ago.

But I'm not.  These are great, and modern, but the heart wants what the heart wants.  And my heart wants these.



It's a love match!  Even my 15 year-old daughter approves (of the chairs only. She hates the table).  
Most nights there's three of us for dinner, so I plan to add a little bench to the open side of the table.  More to come on that later.


And in other news... look at the walls.  They got primed this weekend!

to prepare for my wallpaper.  

which I have yet to reveal.  Come back next week and see!!!


Let's see what everyone else has accomplished this week. Find them here:


The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to experience the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.31866 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

Follow me!              Instagram    Facebook       Pinterest



29 comments:

René said...

Fun chairs! A bench will be great for the long side of the table.

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Love the mix of modern and tradtional!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the table. I really like the first set of chairs, but understand about what the heart wants. Good for you to finally have a combination that you love. I did not realize how many of us have a 15 yo daughter. How funny. Can't wait to see that wallpaper.

Unknown said...

Love the combo and can't wait to see the bench you'll be adding. I am also loving your timing on getting things done, hits close to home... the cobbler's kids sort of thing you know?

Ashley said...

The legs of your table remind me of Angelina Jolie's Oscar dress this year...that's a good thing. It's beautiful. And like I said on Instagram, I can't wait to see the Scalamandre paper once it's hung.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

LOVE the modern chairs...very fresh...and so excited to see what's next!!!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Love the table and chairs. 15 year olds aren't designers for a reason, right? Wallpaper is exciting!

My Notting Hill said...

Love the table. Can't wait to see the wallpaper.

pam {simple details} said...

You share my love for modern mixed with traditional!! You are the queen of choosing awesome patterns ~ can't wait to see what's going up!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

The table and chairs are a perfect combination! Your daughter sounds just like mine!!! (: Love the progress so far!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You tease! :) Can't wait to see the paper. And I think you are spot on with the table/chair combo. Aces.

cindy hattersley design said...

This looks like a really fun combination...beautiful table...can't wait for the paper reveal!!

Vel Criste said...

I do love the chairs too Kim! Is the table finish gonna stay the same? I guess it will look differently once your wall paper/paint is up, can't wait until next week!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Yay Scalamandre!!! excited. Love the pantons, love the wood. Great combo.

Erin said...

I have high hopes for this! Looking good already.

SHERRY HART said...

The table is perfect and can not wait for the reveal of the wallpaper....I am sure it is something "vintage" right:)

Andrea said...

The anticipation is killing me! I cannot wait to see that wallpaper!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

The Pink Pagoda said...

I do remember your post on traditional tables with modern chairs and I agree! Love what you're putting together. And I'm DYING to know which Scalamandre paper you're using!

Jessie said...

Fun dining table and chairs combo! Looking forward to see the wallpaper!

P/S: Come by and enter my current giveaway for a chance to $200 store credit from DecoraUSA if u like.

http://www.mixandchic.com/2013/10/giveaway-200-decorausa-store-credit.html

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Stephanie Kraus Designs, LLC said...

hmmm the suspense is killing me the wallpaper! love those chairs btw!

Kim said...

Oh those chairs ... cannot wait to see where you are going with all of this ... i know it is going to be fantastic! xo

Stacey said...

I have one of the Pantone chairs at my table too! Love them! I can't wait to see your wallpaper next week!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Kim WOOOW!! Those chairs! With that table!! So cool, I love it!! I love how you put those together. And that wallpaper tease is such a cliffhanger!!! Can't wait to see what else you've got going on for this space!

Beth Connolly said...

I love the table and chairs and can't wait to see the wallpaper.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

You shouldn't of told...we were so impressed...but were still loving it!

Carrie said...

Our hearts like the same things! That looks awesome! Can't wait to see the bench and wallpaper!

Karena said...

Hi Kim,

Wow I love the pairing! That tease with the Scalamandre wall covering....well I must wait!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer & Artists Series

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Scalamandre wallpaper...ooh. My heart palpitated a little when I saw that. Cannot wait for the reveal. And I love the table and chairs combo.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Oh I can't wait to see the paper!! And of course, you know I love those chairs. We are twinsies!!