Falling for Plum

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Raise your hand if you're shocked and excited that it's October.  How can this be?  Here in the southeastern United States fall tends to sneak up on us because our summers linger well into September. So now that the first cool mornings of the season are upon us, I think it's high time we pay homage to autumn - and I'm loving rich shades of plum for fall.


Did you think I wouldn't open with a shot of plum with Chinoiserie?

This library looks like a great place to spend a cool evening. So warm & cozy with those plum & wine tones. 


Plum walls with a lacquer finish.  Beautiful.


Don't you love the colorful autumn leaves against the plum backdrop?

Do you like the color plum for fall?

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com


17 comments:

Ashley said...

Plum--or any other jeweltone--feels so welcome for fall. Maybe I'd just introduce a color in a pillow or decorative accessory but its gorgeous in any amount.

Vel Criste said...

Yes indeed and all these examples are perfect!!!!Good morning Kim!

Price Style & Design said...

Love that first photo! And yes, I adore plum! Cheers!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Never thought of Plum for Fall. Like it....it works!!!

Thehouseofhampton said...

These photos are beautiful. I'm a huge fan of Fall too! Now if we could only get out of the 90 degree temps in Los Angeles it might start to feel like Fall. It's on its way, I'm sure of it. Positive thoughts........
Sharon
@novaraway

Holly Phillips @ The English Room said...

I love all of these, especially the first one. I am a huge fan of plum, purple, aubergine, etc.

Holly

Unknown said...

Yes to all of it!!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

You are killing me here, Kim! Stunning color and design!! And yes, I love plum, and had my dining room painted plum in my last house.
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I'm with ya sista! I am loving all shades of plum for fall!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Yes! It's such a rich, beautiful color. We've had a bit of chill in the air here in Dallas, too, which is so happy!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

yes please! the color in the first image is soo amazing and those wine velvet couches - stop it!! so good!

Anonymous said...

I have fallen hard for plums this fall! Your images just seal the deal! xo

Donna Benedetto said...

Love the plum, it mixes well with the jewel tones yet still feels fresh and modern.
Donna
thebeneblog.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Wow...now that's some color...I remember a teacher telling us in color theory... never paint a bedroom plum-pink if you want to stay married....it makes people angry! Not sure its true or not...but I wasn't going to test it out!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Gorgeous. I love those really saturated, non-dusty-plum colors. It's so funny to see color trends come back around, this was a big color for dining rooms and master bedrooms around the time I got married (late 90s) but I love the fresh take on it today - with nary a Waverly pattern in site.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

me too, sister. me too!

maria at inredningsvis said...

What a LOVELY post:) Im now following on pinterest...I hope you follow me back.

Check out my blog today...divine royal bedroom inspiration:)

Have a fab. week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)