Smart Furniture

Monday, May 24, 2010

A few weeks ago I wandered into the only Smart Furniture retail outfit in the country, and it is located here in Chattanooga!  If you are not familiar with Smart Furniture, allow me to fill you in!  Smart Furniture is an on-line furniture retailer that specializes in modern furnishings from the most reputable and recognizable manufacturers such as Knoll, Herman Miller, Blu Dot, and Kartell! 



Image from Flickr

Image from Flickr and Decorology

This is the obvious interpretation of modern, and I have to admit it is stylish; however, there is a certain magic that happens when modern furnishings are combined with classic, Asian, and even rustic design elements....

Image from Black Bamboo


Suddenly, it all becomes very interesting
Image from casa sugar


Love this rustic meets glam meets modern!


Beyond fabulous! This is Glamorous




































Love this Regency style table in white lacquer from Smart Furniture

And this Strut table from Blu Dot through Smart Furniture .  This dining table is also available in pink! 

Hope you find your perfect mix!



10 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Yes, the combination is my favorite look. I couldn't believe the chandelier in the 5th image. My friend has two in her home. She bought them from a store that was closing and selling all their fixtures - she got them both for $100! I hadn't seen them anywhere else until now. Fun.

Kendall said...

That's great that Chattanooga has a retailer for liscensed modern furniture. So often all you can find in smaller towns are the knock-offs. Good for them!

I love Blu Dot. Such great design for relatively little money.

Unknown said...

Oh, fabulous! I like pieces like this for accents, for sure! Great rooms!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Oh- I will have to take the short trip to Chattanooga to see it! Love the mix of modern, classic and vintage too!

Erica @ Decorica said...

Gorgeous dining set in the room with the wallpaper - I love those dark chairs with the white table. fun looks. You're lucky to have the store nearby!

Privet and Holly said...

You are SO right: the magic is in the MIX! I especially love the House Beautiful image ~ great pieces, all.
Happy Week to you! xx P&H

Erika Ward said...

How I love all of these images. It's the NEW MODERN MIX...which used to be called eclectic, right???

Unknown said...

New to this store, but not to the lines that they carry! Agreed, certainly would call these looks magic!!! Love em!

Tracy Watier said...

Love the image of the Saarinen table surrounded by Thonet chairs. Totally works. All those girly curves and pretty wallpaper too!
Thanks for stopping by to comment on my dilemma - really appreciate it!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Im going to go check out Smart Furniture right now! I love the mix (even thought most of my clients are steeped in traditional !) It's always fun to through something unexpected into a space, and this looks like a great place to get ideas. Thanks for posting!