Booty Call!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Just a quick post today - so much going on with end of year stuff at school. Today is our last field day - my youngest starts Middle school next year. (Another one of those happy/sad times! )

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some photos of some really cute stuff I got from the sweetest elderly lady this week. She was selling some of her things in a parking lot. Her husband's health is declining and she wanted to sell some of her things so as not to burden their daughter with it.

This lady has an amazing eye and can refinish wood furniture, reupholster chairs, and make custom lamp shades. She gave me a great deal on this stuff and said her "really good" stuff is at her house. She is taking me over there tonight... can't wait.

Anyway, I felt an instant connection with her. Have you ever just met someone and felt like you were speaking the same language and there is that easy give and take in the conversation? That's how it was with "Reba". When I went to write her check I said "Reba, like the singer?" Her reply was "Yes, baby, just like her only with out the talent, fame and fortune".

Well, maybe not the fame and fortune but my Reba definitely some talent!

If you have not signed up for my giveaway, don't forget to do so. You must be a follower and leave a comment. Drawing is May 14 for a $40 gift certificate from CSN Stores. Get more details here.


I got this cute bench for $5.  A little paint and some fun fabric and we've got some portable seating that tucks in just about anywhere!



This mirror is really sweet.  It was tough to capture an image of it that shows off the decorative detail that is inlaid into the mirror.  This detail is on the sides of the mirror. 



I'm crazy for this sweet lamp.  Sits on a metal base and I'm loving yellow as an accent color these days!



How about this amazing gateleg table?  The spool detail at the bottom is so fun!





Slide the legs out for another table top surface.  This piece is so perfect for entertaining!



This is my absolute favorite.  I am going to use these hot  marble top tables instead of my (predictable) coffee table.

Hope you have a lovely weekend! I will try and get some photos from Reba's house to share with you.  She showed me a photo of a gilded French settee she has at her place ..  

8 comments:

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Lucky girl! You got some great finds, and I'm so glad you were able to help her out as well. Love the lamp...love the gateleg...and I want those bamboo leg tables for my house!
Have fun with all the end of year stuff...goes by pretty fast!

Kathysue said...

You found some real treasures!! I love that lamp and the tables you are going to use as a coffe table. You are being a very clever lady. How fun!! I know what you mean about connecting with certain people. I find we even do that in blogland with the written word. People's personalities even shine through their words. I love that about blogland, Happy Friday,Kathysue

Privet and Holly said...

Kim, I am LOVING all of your goodies. Sad that this lady was reduced to selling her pretties in a parking lot, but I will bet that it is some consolation to know that they are going to another home where someone will love them like she did. I have friends of all ages ~ older and younger ~ and the connection supersedes actual years on this earth. Lucky find number two for you was making a new friend! xx P&H

Unknown said...

Oh, Reba is so cool (both the singer and this lady!). What a find! Can't wait to see her house, and actually, while sad, it's pretty thoughtful that she would think ahead so as not to burden her daughter with tons of stuff!

Redesign Diva said...

WOW! great finds. Especially that yellow lamp. The stool is too cute with tons of potential and the bamboo leg tables...(jaw dropped) again, great finds!oops i mean booty!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Wow! what wonderful finds. I think I would have liked Reba too. And of all the "stuff" you bought... I can't even pick my favorites. But I have to say I love the lamp! And those 2 little tables are so cool.
Thanks for stopping by and following.
Kelly

Unknown said...

Seriously... did you ever hit that right!! I'm jealous.. I love every piece, the Gateleg table and the two round tables are awesome!!

Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Sharon Brown said...

Fantastic finds!

Sharon