New Shop Items and Finds

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Good Thursday!  I hope you're having a good and productive week so far.  Today I want to share some new things I'm adding to my booth at Merchants On Main, and a few things I might be keeping here at Project Dollhouse.  Ready?


I'm kind of proud of myself for getting this one done.  I had only a yard & a half of fabric and the first cut I made was for the back of the chair and I cut the fabric a little too small.  Since the pattern has such a big repeat I had a hard time finding another part of the pattern that would fill the space properly. Luckily, the upholstery gods were smiling on me and it all worked out (after bullets were sweated).


I really lucked  out finding this Mid-Century white and gold china set. I'd love to keep it, but I just don't have the need or the space at home.  The set is by "Fascination" and has 38 pieces - including hard-to-find serving pieces like a gravy boat, platter, sugar and creamer.

This is the best rainy day garage photo I could come up with today.  I just finished up this gorgeous 5-drawer chest. Don't you love the pulls?  This piece is Mid-Century, made by Dixie and is solid oak under the new oil-based high gloss white finish.  Who doesn't need glamorous storage?

This one may take up permanent residence at the Dollhouse.  It's hand-painted silk and completely gorgeous.


Finally, I've loaded in this Mad Men-esque Mid-Century green pleather chair.  It has great details - can you see the brass caps on the legs?  It also has big brass nailheads on the side, but I neglected to get a picture of that.  It's in as-found but good vintage condition.

Wait, one more thing.  If you follow The Green Room Interiors on Facebook, you'll get to be the first to see new arrivals in my booth, so "like" us!

Who's ready for the weekend?

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to find out how a well-designed home can improve your life, contact Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com
I



18 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i LOVE that chinois painting. LOVE

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Love all of your finds and redos. The hand-painted silk is a keeper for sure!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the finish on that dresser so much. I need to do something in that high gloss! And that hand painted silk art is so lovely….please keep that!

julie at Monkeygrasshill.blogspot.com said...

As usual, I love your style, great finds. I found that same 5-drawer chest and would have bought it, but it was missing one of the pulls--and that's what really makes it so cool!

Veronica said...

I absolutely love the high gloss 5-drawer chest, and YES I love the pulls too! Everyone needs some glamorous storage in their lives.

pam {simple details} said...

The perfect vignette ~ the first chair pulled up next to the gorgeous dresser with art above, the plate on an easel with the cup sitting next to it holding jewels! :)

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Ok tell me about that china! Email me with details

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I wish I lived close by...fabulous...everything!

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

OMG! Every piece is nicer than the next! Wished I lived closer to check out your booth!

Jenny Castle Design said...

OMG love the chest! And the china...yum yum!!!

Fran said...

Great finds! Love the paint color on the 5 drawer chest and that green leather chair is the perfect color green!! I love the color green!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Great finds! I love that dresser and how you've spruced it up. It has given me some inspiration to finally repaint my furniture this spring! :) Have a great weekend!

Cris Angsten said...

Love that chair! Great job! It pairs beautifully with that dresser. Somebody needs to get both. :-)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That white chest is so elegant.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Great finds, Kim! The chair is amazing. WHat a great job you did, and the white chest is so beautiful. You have a great eye.
Happy SUnday.
Teresa
xoxo

Erin said...

Gah, I need that chest! perfection.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

That 5-drawer chest is gorgeous!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

LOVE it all but especially the china. What a score!