Pagoda Lampshades

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

About a year ago I got a pair of big chunky brass lamps from Merchants on Main.  They were a consigned item in another booth and they weren't drawing much interest.  I bought them thinking I would use them in a client's living room but as it turned out they were just too big and they obstructed the view of the portrait they would be flanking. As a seasoned pro in justifying any purchase I make, I decided to keep them for myself.  They're  good quality lamps and I knew the right opportunity would come along to celebrate their awesomeness. 
Here's one of the pair sans the nasty shades they came with. As luck would have it, I came across a pair of black paper shades with metallic gold lining that were a perfect fit! I was sure the black shades and the brass lamps would live happily ever after.

But fate intervened.  I was at my friend Bob Grove's (of Hometown Pickers fame) warehouse when I spotted this in his stacks of lampshades. (!!!!)

There were two (!!) and they came home with me. And they fit my brass lamps perfectly.

Action photo of brass lamps with new Pagoda shades:

The lesson here is:  it's good to be in the right place at the right time and have friends with Pagoda lampshades.

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Follow  The Green Room Interiors on Facebook. You'll get all of my blog posts, see the newest arrivals in my shop, and see lots of inspiring photos!





19 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Kim, those were made for those lamps. It had to be.
Love them.
Teresa
xoxo

Dayka Robinson said...

yup, being in the right place at the right time is ESSENTIAL for the best thrift/vintage/secondhand finds!!! and i love those brass ginger jar lamps...the pagoda shades are sweet!

dayka

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

This is a VERY funny post. Thanks for the laugh. Love the action shot.

anita said...

Very nice, Kim!!

heather (love your space) said...

LOVE!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I saw a a brass urn like that last weekend at a consignment store for $14. But it was only one :(
I love the lamp with the black shade. Its dope.

Haus and Home said...

Love your pagoda lampshades!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You make brass look so great, Kim! I love those lamps against your green wall.

charmaine said...

Love them!

Julie of Monkey Grass Hill said...

I do love pagoda lampshades.

kayce hughes said...

Nothing like a good lesson!

SHERRY HART said...

Those lampshades MADE those lamps!!! Seriously they went from "ho hum" to "la di da!!!"

Whitney said...

What a FANTASTIC find! Holy Moly those lamps have the 'it' factor now!

busana muslim murah said...

Very good article. Congratulations.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

The black ones were good, but the pagoda ones are GREAT.

Matters of Style said...

Love!!! Perfection!!

Unknown said...

Lovely. Those are such great lamps and a perfect shade.

René said...

I do love a pagoda shade! Lucky you! The brass lamps are pretty wonderful too.

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

love that combo -makes them so much more interesting than the usual black!