Framed Chinoiserie Panels

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In a perfect world (where money was no object) I would have at least one room in my house done up in a gorgeous Chinoiserie wallpaper - a la de Gournay or Gracie.  There is so much I love about these beauties!
I'm still in a ltr with Tory Burch's Gracie wallpapered foyer. 


I love that they're inspired by nature, often featuring branches, blossoms, and birds.


The patterns on these hand-painted papers are loose and free-flowing.  They never feel heavy handed.


And I think what I love best about them is how beautifully they straddle the line between being sophisticated and whimsical.


So, imagine my delight when I came across these 4 Chinoiserie panels at a local estate sale a few weeks ago!  No, they're not my coveted hand-painted wallpaper, but certainly a great way to bring a little sophisticated whimsy to my walls.  And, I can take 'em with me wherever I go!











Love Chinoiserie?  I have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things Chinoiserie here. Follow along, won't you?


Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kimberly Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

17 comments:

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Gorgeous...and love chinoiserie! I would wrap a whole room in it if money was no object too!! Take care, Caroline

anita said...

These are so so pretty, Kim!

heather (love your space) said...

lovely! What a great find.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Kim-
These rooms are gorgeous. Love chinoiserie. I am with you on the wallpaper.
hope that you are having a great week.
Teresa
xoxo

online parenting class said...

i love them!<3

helen tilston said...

I love the wallpaper and in particular the hand painted one.
Thank you for featuring

Helen

Lissa Pierce said...

Me too! Love the look. Not sure if I could do walls but someday maybe panels.....oooo or maybe a super lux ladies dressing room / closet!

Julie of Monkey Grass Hill said...

love the look to. Birds, blossoms, nature it's so me!
Now following you on pintrest. Have you seen the hand painted rapping papers at world market? They have a couple chinoiserie/cherry blossom styles that are beautiful and I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my decor - framed or back of bookcase.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, Kim, you lucky lady! Your panels are gorgeous! I'm sure you will treasure these for a very long time.

Whitney said...

Isn't chinoiserie great! I love it, but it doesn't fit in my home!

In fact I just blogged about it too!
http://whitneybrock.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! Can't believe I wasn't already following you on pinterest!

My Interior Life said...

You know I love chinoiserie (maybe a little too much - how many pagodas can one have?), and would give some appendage to have de Gournay or Gracie in my home one day. But your panels are a great alternative, and like you said you can take them with you. I bought some black and gold chinoiserie panels for my bedroom recently. Can't wait to get them on the wall! I love yours!!

Unknown said...

Love them Kim! Great find!!!
hooper

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Oooh, those are beautiful! What are your plans for them? Can't wait to see...love a great estate find!

Anonymous said...

in a perfect world I'd have several homes with this gorgeous style wallcovering!!..love the chinoiseries and I especially like the folding screens made with this style wallpaper...
best,
maureen

Taylor Greenwalt said...

These are all so beautiful. I am adding you to my blog roll...

Kellie Collis said...

Fabulous wallpaper! Enjoy the lovely week ahead, Kellie xx