The Gift

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Remember my friend Reba?  About a year ago I wrote about her here .  Anyway, Reba and I have remained friends and she's even given me a few things to sell at the shop.  Saturday I got a message from her saying that she wanted me to have this gorgeous vanity that I have been admiring since I've known her! 


 She told me she knew how much I loved it and she wouldn't accept any money for it but she wanted me to have it.  This is the kind of person she is.  (I think this picture is so bad because the light is behind the piece.)  Anyway, I fell in love with this vanity because of it's clean lines, brass hardware and beautiful wood grain.  It's walnut.  Here are some better photos.




This piece won't be painted.  I couldn't cover up that gorgeous wood!  Instead, I'll just finish sanding it and apply a few coats of polyurethane.  

"But Kim", you ask, "where are you going to put that gorgeous piece of furniture?"


Well, I just happen to have this tiny little alcove that separates my master bedroom from the master bath.


(Shelby impersonating the vanity)  - This child loves a camera!

And once again we have the beginnings of a project!  Let's call this one "Project Kim's Dressing Area".   More thoughts on this to come...  Wanna jump in?








21 comments:

Kendall said...

How lucky you are!! Can't wait to see it in the space. Have you started at Yessick's yet?

Splendid Sass said...

Now that is a nice friend, Kim! So thoughtful.
I LOVE the vanity. I don't blame you. I would cover the wood either. I feel the same way about my bedroom furniture.
Teresa
xoxo

Hyphen Interiors said...

Stunning piece! What a great spot for it. And, your daughter is so cute!! I bet she keeps you laughing. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today!

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed said...

What a fabulous friend! That spot is perfect for the vanity.

Unknown said...

How lucky are you to have such a lovely friend! It will look perfect there! Your girl is pretty cute too:)

Abby M. Interiors said...

Kim! I'm not sure what's more fabulous your vanity or your friend! That is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the finished look.
abby

jandjhome said...

Gorgeous piece. What a great friend.

anita said...

What a generous friend!
And that's the perfect spot for it!!

quintessence said...

What a lovely thoughtful gift! I think it will look great in that niche and Shelby is beyond adorable!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

How sweet of your friend. Beautiful vanity! I love the wood's grain too! And that's the perfect spot for it! I also love the moldings in your home! :) Have fun with your new furniture piece.

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

You are so lucky Kim! And I agree no paint required...I love tiger wood. Also pop over to my blog today if you get a chance as I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award :). Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

You have a great friend! What a gorgeous piece and I'm so glad to hear that you're not painting it. Your daughter is so cute!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

That is a stunning piece of furniture! I think you have the perfect spot for it.

Thank you for stooping by my blog, now I have the chance to see yours!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Lucky you! That's a great piece and it will look PERFECT in that alcove.

Mona Thompson said...

What a wonderful friend!!! But of course we know you have to be a good friend to have good friends so this says a lot about you as well. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Mona

BuyAionAccount said...

It is so heartwarming to see someone who gives importance and treasures the gift given. Your friend Kim will be so happy about this.

Buy Aion Account

Dane said...

Kim you've got a wonderful friend! I love that you are not going to paint the vanity. I love mahogany!

Can't wait to see the vanity completed and styled in your future dressing area!

Gretchen O. said...

Now THAT is a friend! What a beautiful vanity! Just found you via Savor Home, via A Perfect Grey...the beauty of the internet! Love all that I have seen so far.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

That is going to look fantastic!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

whimages said...

Kim, it's like a match made in interior design Heaven! Your new gorgeous vanity is going to be PERFECTION in that sweet little spot and I just adore your paint color!

casey at loft and cottage said...

Oh, that pc is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in its new home! PS love your new header!