Octagonal Mirrors

Monday, July 23, 2012

There's something about the straightforward geometric shape of an octagonal mirror that I'm finding completely irresistible lately.  As I narrow down the options for wallpaper and hardware for my master bathroom at Project Dollhouse I'm thinking a pair of octagonal mirrors over my sinks will perfectly straddle the line between modern and traditional.
This mirror from Overstock is at the top of the list.  I like what a little bit of earthy texture could bring to the slick surfaces of the tile and chrome.



I love this one from Lamps USA.  The strong shape is even bolder in black and gold! The scale looks about right, too.



Another option in wood, this time from Kirklands, and currently on sale for $79.  

Did you catch Lara Spencer when she was on Nate Berkus a few weeks ago?  Here's a little vignette she put together with thrift store finds - and it includes an octagonal mirror.
Source: redbookmag.com via Lara on Pinterest



This bathroom is a favorite of mine.  So clever how they layered the mirrors.



Here is another favorite image.  I love the oversize octagonal mirror in this Miles Redd room.
What do you think? Green light for the octagonal mirrors in my bathroom?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be! Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com




17 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

I LOVE that mirror installed overtop of the mirror in the bathroom. Would love to do that!

StagerLinda said...

Yes! Green light on the octagonal mirrors. Glad you aren't going the traditional route. I must say the black and gold makes my heart sing...and the mirror over mirror is absolutely beautiful. (I imagine the price tag is too!)

pam {simple details} said...

No question! Love they layered mirrors!

Unknown said...

Interesting shape, love it!

Ashley said...

Okay, you've made this pretty difficult. I can't decide which one is best!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Yes!
I love the first one and the mirror on mirror option. Totally different from each other but still, my fav's.

Brigid @ Willow Gazing said...

I love, love, love the mirror on top of mirror pic. So classic and elegant!

Albertina said...

oh yes!! My mom gave me an old of hers that I love...its made of coconut shell and its fabulous...I have it in my living room. Green light for sure

Emily | Recently said...

Yes, absolutely! It will look fab-U-lous!

Splendid Sass said...

I love the idea, Kim, and these choices are gorgeous! Can't wait to see everything when you are through.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

YES! Love that visual interest the octagon give a room. Love that photo of the octagon mirror over a wall mirror - what a great affect.

Unknown said...

Love the mirror over the mirror...it is so unexpected and elegant. The Lamps Plus gold and black one is great, too.
Nancy
powellbrowerhome.com

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Most definitely a green light! I love the Overstock one the best!

heronkady said...

Nice post! Thank you for this!
Saving Thousands of People Hundreds of Dollars a month. Join the club today. Just click -> http://www.saversclub.us

Taylor Greenwalt said...

After reading all the comments....hands down, its a go!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

REALLY PRETTY. I like the mirror on the mirror. I did something like that in our last house.

Matters of Style said...

I copied that mirror over mirror in a bathroom. Love! Found the top octagonal mirror at marshalls for $39!