Latest Finds

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Did you have a good 4th of July holiday? I hope you did and I appreciate that you're checking in on me after my week away from the blog.  It's been a while since I've posted about my latest shopping finds , and I have some good ones that I'm excited to share with you!  Shall we get to it?

I was so happy to find this rattan headboard for my 13-year old daughter's bedroom.  So Palm Beach, right?  Well, she didn't have the same response to it that I did and within a few hours of placing it behind her bed I found it out in the hallway.  She said it was uncomfortable when she leaned her head against it and declared that having a headboard was too "mainstream".  Did I mention that she's 13?  I've learned to choose my battles so I'm sad to say that this one will be making it's way over to the shop this week.  : (   PS - Somebody buy this and send me a picture like this when you're done.


Luckily, these lamps made the cut for her bedroom.  They're mid-century turquoise and gold ceramic lamps.  There's a pair of them flanking her headboardless bed.  The shape reminds me a little of these Stray Dog beauties.

This painting has two of my favorite things - trees and pink!  This too will make its way to the shop this week.

These green crystals are antique. If you could see them in person you would find that each one is a little different in color and size.  They're perfectly imperfect  - and I like that.

This is just the latest candidate in my long parade of coffee tables.  (For now), it's staying in my family room.


I also got this big hammered brass pot with lion head handles.  I may have bought this just for those lions. 

Now here's something you don't see every day. It's a brass candle sconce in the shape of a cobra.  The detail is pretty impressive. In fact, when my oldest daughter found it on the floor she jumped and squealed a little.  She didn't think that was as funny as I did.  

This may be staying with me if I can find the right spot for it.  Trust me, this isn't a piece you can just work in anywhere.  I'm thinking when my master bathroom gets a little more finished it might be cool between that mirrors that go over the sinks.  

That's all I got for you today!  How about you?  Did you celebrate the holiday with a little retail therapy?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

Follow my blog on Facebook!




18 comments:

Unknown said...

That headboard is awesome! Great find!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

LOL - cant believe she has such opinions. who am i kidding? my mom would say the same about me as a 13 year old :) that just means you'll be best of friends one day!

now, lets get down to business. if she isnt going to use that headboard, who will? are you selling? that thing is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Cris Angsten said...

I love that headboard! Maybe if you added a tied-on pillow pad? I can't tell for sure, but I think the room you posted has a pad added to the headboards. That would solve the uncomfortable complaint... and maybe if she picked the fabric??? Hate to see that go!
Curious to see what you do with that cobra!

Dayka Robinson said...

Shut up, Kim--LOVE that headboard!!! Don't sell it, you'll be sad you did later, I promise. What size is it? May be interested in it myself. Email me when you have a minute...

alison giese Interiors said...

DID get a little retail therapy that made me *gulp* a bit - an oval tulip table! So yeah, no more buying for me for awhile...

Love that headboard, and can't say I'm looking forward to our girls hitting that stage.... ;)

Julielorusso@gmail.com said...

As usual love all your finds. Those lamps are so great!
I had a similar battle with my 6 year son about his bed. Once I got it all set up he loved it though--what's wrong with these kids? don't they know we know good taste :)

Junell said...

Lacquer that headboard up & give it a groovy bolster & she will come around. Course she has to think it all her idea & let her pick the colors. The art of manipulation is imperative here. Good Luck! The cobra is hilarious!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Great finds! So funny that your daughter already knows that much about style...must get it from her mama :)

amber wallace said...

These are always my favorite posts of yours! I love the headboard! Too bad. At least she kept the fabulous lamps!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

The headboard is amazing. Kids! What do ya do....At least she kept the lamp. I also love your coffee table.

Splendid Sass said...

You know i love this, Kim! Perfect.
I have a grown daughter, and I know what you mean about the 13 year old stage. Hey, this is the best stage of the teenage years, lol!
You always find the greatest things, and I love the lamps too.
Happy Monday,
Teresa
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE snakes and that sconce is amazing!

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

Matters of Style said...

Looovvee the headboard!!!

The Pink Pagoda said...

My 14 year old daughter thinks your daughter is hilarious. We just redid my daughter's room and she had to have an upholstered headboard so that she could be comfortable while reading. Good luck : )

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I feel for you. My older daughter is 15 and and she comes to me with a new "design plan" every couple of months. The problem is that they are completely different (and expensive) each time. I finally told her to forget it and do her own decorating when she grows up.
I am sure that we were much less frustrating to our mothers as teens . ;)

Jessica said...

OH EM GEE. Let me tell you those cobra sconces can go for A LOT. Major score.

The Aestate

Emily | Recently said...

I'm sure your daughter will kick herself one day for not using that amazing headboard! Until then, I'm sure someone will get some use out of it. :)

Anonymous said...

There's a swastika in the middle of the head board