Curtains Outside

Thursday, October 4, 2012

You may recall that back in August  I blogged about adding an awning - and possibly a pair of curtains - to the front entrance over at Project Dollhouse.  This idea is still under consideration, and now that the weather has cooled off a bit in these parts, I thought a post that featured porches with curtains would be a nice farewell to summer. 

Do you remember?  This is one of the inspiration images that got ball rolling.

The striped  curtains may be more of a statement than I'm willing to make, but I do like the sense of arrival they give to entries that lack architectural detail. 



Curtains also give a cozy, finished feel to porches, and in the image below, provide some much needed privacy. I love the way this porch is furnished, don't you? 
Source: bhg.com via Stephanie on Pinterest

Apparently an over-achiever lives here. 

All of the white looks so crisp on this little Bungalow - and the yellow door is the perfect finishing touch.




Those risk-taking Novogratz 's decided to go bold with yellow and white stripes - and a cool chandelier. 



I'm on board for some curtains outside.  Do you like them too?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

Follow my blog and see what's new in my booth by liking The Green Room Interiors on Facebook.

16 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Yes - I know you will make them look fabulous, Kim!

The Pink Pagoda said...

These photos are beautiful! I can't wait to see yours!

Splendid Sass said...

LOVE THE LOOK, Kim!! I have had curtains outside, and my only advice is to go very light, as in white or a white and lift pattern strip, because the sun will fade them unevenly. I love the black and white stripe, and the lavender,blue are stunning too.
Thank you for sharing.
Happy Thursday,
Teresa
xoxo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Totally on board! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

StagerLinda said...

Gorgeous. Curtains really elevate the style of the exterior.

Fran said...

Yes, I do!! They really create atmosphere - esp. that photo of the home where the 'overachiever' lives! :) Love it!!

Kathysue said...

I hesitated for years to put curtains on my front porch. I finally did it a few years ago and I am so glad I did. I love the black and white stripes with my yellow house, it is so fun and fresh!! Next awnings on my bay window!!! I almost have hubby on board,
Kathysue

Kim said...

Yes ... I am a curtain fan ... inside and out! very inspiring!! Can't wait to see what you do! xo

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I really like the idea. I need to worry about snow...do you take them down in the winter? I read the comment about dark colors fading, too bad. The dark colors are my favorite.

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

that 4th one is GORGEOUS. love these!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

I love them and so would my Goldendooble. She would have them for a midday snack!! - Brandy

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I love outdoor curtains. We added some to our porch and it made it feel like an extension of our house! I recommend outdoor fabric though bc my regular fabric mildewed pretty quickly :(

Cris Angsten said...

So funny! I have been working on picking curtains for my porch! We bought the rods last weekend, and you know I am dreaming of putting curtains around that entire carport because it could soooo easily have a chandelier, and a big table, and awesome chairs and you'd swear you were in a fancy park on this land!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love curtains out side around a patio. It looks so charming.

designchic said...

I just adore this look and the awnings and curtains add the perfect welcome to any space - happy weekend !~

Vanessa@decor happy said...

I love outdoor curtains too and these photos are so inspiring! Happy Columbus Day weekend Kim!