Never Gets Old - Framed Botanicals

Monday, September 3, 2012

There are some design elements I never tire of, like blue & white porcelain, antiques, and mirrors.  Another thing I would add to that list is framed botanical prints.  Botanical prints are simple, classic and work with just about any design style.
I love how these botanicals are hung in a grid pattern from the ceiling to the floor.  What keeps this installation from being overwhelming is the simplicity of the prints and the simple black frames. 

Don't you like the sense of order a grid pattern lends to a collection of botanical prints?



Another good installation of botanical prints, this time hung in a gallery style.  Again, the simple black frames keep it in check.

Large scale + black background = drama.

These look like botanical prints pulled right out of a book and framed.  I love the soft infusion of color they bring to what looks like a very neutral space. 

Do you like botanical prints as much as I do?  Grid or gallery?

Need some help pulling your style together? The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.  

Click here to view my portfolio.







13 comments:

Karen said...

I love the look of a grid when all of the images are similar-so definitely a grid with botanicals.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Splendid Sass said...

I don't get tire of botanicals either, Kim. The second image is one of my favorites!
Beautiful images.
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Albertina said...

They are so classic! I love them both ways actually...I love the first image so much!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love them to. i just had 6 botanicals framed for my living room.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I do love them but I am also partial to architectural prints. I like grid and gallery style.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I have to admit that I'm very late to the botanical party. I didn't care for them in the past but I"m coming around:)

Julie of Monkey Grass Hill said...

I'm with you completely -- they never get old. I think I like them best in a grid.

Unknown said...

I love the botanical frames. They give life to the room. I won't get tired of them. That's for sure.
bean bag icrib

Cris Angsten said...

Grid! I must have order (somewhere in my life, anyway) And I looooove botanical prints!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I adore framed botanical hung in a grid. I used to have some Osborne and Little Fabric that was that idea and loved it!

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

LOVE the framed botanicals!! also butterflies!! so pretty!! i had to pin this, thanks for sharing!love K

casey at loft and cottage said...

The oversized botanicals are so fabulous!