Statement Staircases

Monday, August 25, 2014

Today I  put together a post for you that is small on words but big on pictures - all of them featuring beautiful staircases.
Interior design by Steven Gambrel


The catalyst for this post came up on my Instagram feed courtesy of this gorgeous staircase by C Brandon Ingram, an architect out of Atlanta.


I absolutely love the way he used such ordinary materials in a unexpected way.  It feels classic but fresh, which seems to be a recurring theme in his work.

Image from Pinterest - original source unknown
This appears to be an older home, but can you imagine how surprised you would be to walk in and see that bold coral pink runner?  This really works for me.



I think the staircase above is so crisp.  I t has a perfect mix of modern and classic design elements. 


And I don't think it would be possible to post about statement staircases without including these beauties (above and below) by Kelly Wearstler


Here's another brass staircase from Greg Natale below



This staircase by Suzanne Kasler has been at the top of my list of favorite staircases for years.  

as well as this stunner from Melissa Rufty -  which is really about what she did with the space rather than the staircase itself.


 Do you have a favorite here?

The Green Room Interiors provides interior decorating and design services in Chattanooga, TN .  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Follow me!    Instagram     Pinterest     Facebook 














11 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I have a pinboard on staircases too Kim and love all of the ones you have here. I'm crushing seriously on the brass ones!!!!!

Unknown said...

How can you pick just one?! Those are spectacular. As I scrolled through each one I thought it was the best until I got to the next and the next! I will be pinning these to my Stair Pinterest board. :)

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Gorgeous post, Kim! The first image is one of my all-time favorites, not only because of the stunning staircase, but the colors!
Everyime I see the brass in Wearsler's office, I rethink my traditional taste!
Teresa
xoxo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

It is my dream one day to have a beautiful staircase. It doesn't have to be grand, just beautiful. Until then, I'll look at your wonderful pictures. :)

Thehouseofhampton said...

I've been in love with the brass one. Our building code here requires no more than 4"s wide on a railing, so any design I do has to go with that code. Not to worry, there's plenty of good ones to select! Fun and thought provoking post. Great way to update a much overlooked area.
Sharon

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

They are all great, but My favorite....Suzanne Kasler

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

They are all great, but my favorite is Suzanne Kasler's!!

StagerLinda said...

The brass staircase form Natale! Oooh, Laaa, La!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Its nice when you can have creative stairs...I have the traditional builder stairs you see in every tract home.

Unknown said...

I have a pin board on stairs and pinned them all! Love these and how great are those brass railings? fun! Have a great week. xo Nancy

Amal -- Sybaritic Spaces said...

kimberly, These are all fantastic, but I if I had to pick one I think I'd have to pick the classic black and white with the metal balusters. I am also in love with that Kelly Wearstler stair runner. : )