Mad for Marbleized

Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's no secret that I love anything marbleized - just look at my blog background.  Marbleized paper has been around for centuries so it roots are traditional, but it has an abstract quality that gives it a modern edge.

I  have a few marbleized accents in my home.  I bought this little lamp just for that shade.


And if you recall in the last One Room Challenge, I gave my china cabinet a makeover with marbleized wrapping paper.



When the October issue of House Beautiful arrived over the weekend,  I was in marbleized heaven!

Truly, the entire spread by Schuyler Samperton had me mesmerized.  I adore the Pheasant wallpaper by Twiggs she used in her clients' bathroom.



This wallpaper would be amazing in a powder room with black trim or behind black bookshelves.




And I found a few other marbleized goodies from around the web.

Wouldn't a series of these marbleized papers be a stunning art installation?  I would hang them in a grid pattern in simple white mats and frames. This is one of several beautiful marbleized papers available at Artonwater's Etsy shop






And I'll leave with you with this little bit of marbleized heaven from Kelly Wearstler.


Are you a fan?

The Green Room Interiors provides interior decorating and design services in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com





6 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

I haven't noticed it much until your post. It got my attention seeing it with so many great photos! Yes, I am now a fan. Thank you!!! Considering it now for my powder bathroom...
Sharon

Unknown said...

I absolutely love that last image of the bathroom! I like random marbleizing the most, but it's all beautiful. xo Nancy

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I think its interesting..I just bought some wrapping paper that is marbleized..

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I never thought much of it, but that bathroom is pretty incredible and I've always loved your dining room/

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

umm... I am now with that last image of the bathroom and that most amazing mirror! great post!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

A total fan of the look! I fell in love with malachite last year at Emerald's reign and really loving the soft watercolor strokes seen everywhere this year! I'd die to cover an entire powder room in the print! Sooo delish!

Xx- Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog