New Year New Opportunities

Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello and happy 2014!  I  thoroughly enjoyed the holidays and my blogging break, but I'm ready to get back in the swing and get this new year underway!  I've read so many inspirational blog posts about resolutions and goals for the future and find it so energizing.

What do I have planned for 2014?  I plan to build on and grow my business this year!  I feel like I turned the corner in 2013 from having busy spurts to being consistently busy - and it feels great!  I hope that trend continues and I intend to continue working hard and building my brand.


image via Pinterest

I've also been kicking around the idea of opening an Etsy shop so I can share my vintage finds with a broader customer base.  I still have my booth here in Chattanooga but I'd like to expand on that. I will be testing the waters with a series of tag sales hosted here at my blog and on my Instagram feed, so make sure you're following along because I wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun!

And finally, some serious decorating is in the works at Project Dollhouse, the little house of never ending projects. This awesome rug I got for Christmas will be making an appearance in aforementioned project.



And so it starts!  Happy New year, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit and comment.  That's what keeps me going!!

xo

Kim

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenrooominteriors@gmail.com

16 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Looks promising!
Sharon

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

Good luck in the new year! Can't wait to see what it brings!

pam {simple details} said...

Happy New Year fabulous friend!! Love your exciting plans, you have such a great eye I know your Etsy shop would be a success! Can't wait to see where that gorgeous rug ends up!

Vel Criste said...

So Excited for you Kim, and for sure your business will only get better since you have exceptional talent and taste!

Etsy shop is something I set up last year, but alas, never got to it really (never really put anything for sale in it at all! LOL! - major procrastination).

Just like you, my 'finds' have been accumulating, so better try to share some of it right ;-) We'll see... but for you, since you already have a booth, your just gonna be extending that to us!Yey!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

What a great rug!!

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

Looking forward to seeing your sales and what you'll be sharing this year!
Regarding the business.. I feel the same way! I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm ready to grow this business and charge what I'm worth!
Happy New Year!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Will be looking to see where that fabulous rug ends up!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ooooooh Kim, I'm loving your new rug and I can't wait to see what Project Dollhouse has coming to it in 2014!!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Looking forward to following the progress, Kim! I am serially dying over your rug! Beautiful.
And of course I follow you on Instagram.
Happy New Year.
Teresa
xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy New Year sweet friend and I wish you the best this year. Good luck with the ongoing house projects- I'm with you on that; I have alot to do in my home, as well. Love your rug and let us know how the Etsy shop progresses. I started to open one last year and never pulled the trigger. Don't know if I have the time to manage that. xo Nancy

Jessie | The Design Daredevil said...

Go Kim! I also need to WORK. A LOT.

I'm also thinking about participating in the next ORC, you are always so insuring!

Happy New Year!

Jessie | The Design Daredevil said...

Go Kim! I also need to WORK. A LOT.

I'm also thinking about participating in the next ORC, you are always so insuring!

Happy New Year!

designchic said...

That sounds like a wonderful idea...wishing you all the best in the new year!

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Happy New Year! You should definitely give an Etsy shop a try...it's such fun! I hear from my Chattanooga friends that you're getting some of our hideously cold weather down there...stay warm!

My Interior Life said...

Yay, an Etsy shop! You know I've been contemplating the same thing. Just gotta do it. I love your resolution to keep growing your business. I need to do the same thing. I've just had some busy spurts but not the steady business thing, and I would love to change that. Gotta focus! Can't wait to see what the new year brings for you, Kim! I know it will be bigger and better than ever!

House of Pemberley said...

Happy new year Lovie!! I cannot wait to see what 2014 brings for you. Lots of hugs and kisses!