Project Dollhouse Update- From a Tea Tin to a Master Bedroom

Sunday, September 18, 2011

So we're plugging away over at Project Dollhouse and I wanted to share the inspiration and some of the selections for the master bedroom.  Do you think you could be inspired to design a bedroom around a tea tin?  


This is my muse! It's a pretty tea tin I came across recently and I fell in love with the jade green and tomato red color scheme and the oriental design.  So, here is how it gets translated into a master bedroom.  

First, the paint
Spruce Green by Benjamin Moore.  This is a pretty accurate representation of the color in person.  It's more vibrant than most of the other color selections in the house.

This screen will serve as the headboard.  I blogged about this idea here.

I want to use this bedding from West Elm

with some accent pillows in these fabrics
Braemore's Flowering Branch - a favorite of mine!



And maybe a little teal and a little leopard.

I have some chunky lacquer side tables that I'll paint red, like this one above.

and some beefy brass lamps to flank the bed.




And that's as far as I got!  I'd love to know where you're finding your inspiration!

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.


17 comments:

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I can't wait to see the finished room!

Kendall said...

This is going to be so sophisticated! I love love it. I'm getting my inspiratiion lately from anything that's free. :) It's forcing me to be WAY more creative than I am at my day job. Haha.

Stacy CUrran said...

I love the idea of teal and leopard! I can't wait to see what you decide!
Stacy

Julie of Monkey Grass Hill said...

It's going to look amazing!

anita said...

*Gorgeous*, Kim!
(and I love those lamps!)

Unknown said...

Love those lamps. You've made some beautiful selections. It will look amazing!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Can't wait to see the finished room, Kim!! Love your choices.
Hope that your week is off to a great start.
Teres
axoxo

Ashley said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to see this come together, Kim! I especially love the paint choice and the screen-as-headboard. Please share with us as you move along in the process!

alison giese Interiors said...

LOVE where you're going with this! The green on the walls is almost identical to the color I painted my daughter's nursery - I love the jewel-box quality it has.
And, speaking of jewels - those LAMPS! If I lived closer, I might have to work some sort of bribe! ;)

quintessence said...

So creative - what a unique place to find inspiration! I love the idea of the Chinese screen for a headboard, and the lamps you've chosen are absolutely perfect. Very much looking forward to seeing the finished product!

kayce hughes said...

Beautiful! I hope you get a chance to come visit the new store in warehouse row. It is a bit of a pink version of your bedroom!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh! It is going to be gorgeous! I just might steal an idea or two :)

The Vintique Object said...

What do I love about this? It is an unusual, awesome mix of materials. You are very talented, Kim, for having this vision.

SHERRY HART said...

I am loving this room!!! It is going to be fabulous!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

yay for leopard mixed with chinoiserie!! two thumbs up.

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

howwww COOL! I love that you are using a tea tin for your inspiration. And the west elm bedding you have picked out is perfect....good choice!

Anonymous said...

I love the screen headboard! Gorgeous! :)