One Room Challenge Week 3 - New Paint and Vintage Finds

Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's hard to believe that this marks the halfway point of the One Room Challenge hosted by Linda at Calling it Home.  Progress is a little slower than I'd like, although we did manage to get a few things done this week.

Have a quick look at the plan for my home office makeover:



First, we have paint! Here's the color of lavender I ultimately decided on.


It's called Touch of Gray by Benjamin Moore. When it first went up I have to admit I was a little nervous about it going all Easter egg/nursery-ish, but the color is really beautiful in a happy, calming way.

Here's the room color before:

And here's what it looks like now:

It actually looks like the paint chip!

I'm also thrilled to report the end of the wonky ceiling fan era:

That nasty thing is gone, and has been replaced by this chic find from my last trip to Scott's in Atlanta


And look!  My bifold closet doors are down and so is the pole and shelf.  We'll be prepping the walls for a little wallpaper action.

I want a paper that's neutral because so many different fabrics and colors will be stored in here.  I also want something with a modern twist since so many of the design elements I'm using are traditional in style.  Gotta mix it up.

This is Ajanta from Designer's Guild. I think a little metallic is just what we needed in here!  I got it from my friend Kimber over House of Pemberley.  She's also providing the Orangerie Pillows I'm so excited to use. Kimber is an amazing resource for high end fabrics and wallpapers and she's infinitely  kind and patient.  I highly recommend her if you're looking for something special!

Lastly, remember last week I mentioned that the rug I wanted to use in my space was back ordered until early November?

I think everything happens for a reason, and in this case, the reason is this rug
I just got shipping notification this afternoon so fingers crossed I love it once it arrives.  Since most of the furniture in my office is placed against the walls, it will really show off that pretty center medallion.

So that's it for this week!

I hope to have my freestanding shelves finished up for next week's post.  Hope you'll stop by!

You can find all the participants for the main event of the One Room Challenge here.  Link up event participants can be found here.

If you're in the Chattanooga area and in need of a little design magic, make sure you visit my business website here.


5 comments:

Vel Criste said...

OMG Kim, I didn't know you joined ORC!!!! So excited to follow along since I know how great you can turn a room around and so far, all the things going into your office is DIVINE!

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh your new light is soooo pretty, kim!

Melanie @ The Painted Chandelier said...

Kim-hi! I just saw your post on the ORC link up! Love your plan, can't wait to see you work your magic!I also looked at your business site. Girl, so many beautiful projects! Happy to follow along....:)

Jen @ Noting Grace said...

Hello from a fellow Tennessean! LOVING the lavender! And that chandy is dandy! Can't wait to see it all come together!

Karrie Trowbridge said...

Nice work! I love the light fixture and can't wait to see how the closet turns out! The area rug is gorgeous too!