Chic Buffet Lamps

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Chic buffet lamps.  An oxymoron?  I used to think so, because when I think buffet lamps what comes to mind first are those boxed pair of nondescript stick lamps. Where's the fun in that?

Lamps, and lighting in general, are so important for setting the tone in a space.  I'm a lighting fanatic and it saddens me to see how often lighting is overlooked.

Buffet lamps have their very own purpose in life.  They are designed to illuminate that delicious spread you've laid out without taking up too much valuable space. They also look great on console tables in your entry or a desk, or anywhere else you've placed a narrow piece of furniture. Traditionally buffet lamps are tall with narrow shades, but why limit yourself to someone else's definition of what a buffet lamp should be?






                                                                    Lotus Leaf Lamp
If you know me at all then you know I love this lamp.  It's gold, it's nature inspired, and the lotus leaves give it a Chinoiserie flair. These lamps would be perfect on a lacquered piece.



Restoration Hardware's Pyramid Telescoping Lamp is great looking, modern and masculine.

Regina Andrew's Concrete and Brass Table Lamp is a favorite. The mix of brass and concrete is unexpected, and it would be perfect in a modern/rustic setting.


The Arteriors Sidney Lamp is a modern take on a classic marble lamp.  This lamp will stand the test of time.


This is the Doug Buffet Lamp by Chattanooga-based Stray Dog Designs.  It's whimsical, nature-inspired, and a great way to relax your "formal" dining room.

If you're equally smitten with great lighting (or you want to be), be sure and follow My Lighting Board on Pinterest.  You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

The Green Room Interiors is a Chattanooga, TN Interior Decorator and we can help with all of your Design needs!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com. You can also visit my website to learn more about the services I offer and to view photos of recently completed projects.




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these choices Kim, especially the first one and the thin sophisticated RH lamps. Have a great week! xo Nancy

Raina Cox said...

A pair of Dougs will someday be mine! I just have to find the right house.

Vel Criste said...

I so agree with you Kim, I have tall lamps with huge shades on my Dining room buffet table. Although most of the time, they just light up what's on display there and not food. ;-)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Bliss Studio makes a pretty lotus lamp.

Fran said...

The first gold lotus leaf lamp reminds me of the recent publication of Kathryn Ivey's home in BHG. I think she had one of those lamps in her living room. I LOVE the last lamp from stray dogs! So chic!! Thanks for sharing!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love tall lamps, and these are stunning.
Teresa
xoxo

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Kim that lotus leaf lamp is a stunner. I didn't know I could love a lamp, but apparently I can! So pretty.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh man KIm, i love a good buffet lamp (or pair of). these are good picks. Ive always wanted to use something by Stray Dog just CUZ!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You found GREAT ones. I'm using the skinny RH lamps on a project..

Kim said...

I met the folks from Stray Dog last year at HighPoint and just love everything they do. Functional, Fun and colorful! Trifecta!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love the lamps and your blogpage, Kim!! Gorgeous!!
Teresa
xoxo

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love your new page design! gorgeous!!
Teresa
xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh these lamps are so adorable Here are some beautiful bath remodelling ideas.Have a look at them.