One Room Challenge Week 3 - Not Pretty Yet

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hello and welcome back!  Today I have a little update for you on the progress of my hall bathroom makeover as part of  The One Room Challenge Linking event - the one where participating bloggers make over a room in 6 weeks posting weekly updates along the way.

I've made a little progress in my bathroom and unfortunately it's not the type of progress where the pretty has started to happen.  It's the kind where we've done more of the behind the scenes work that will allow us to layer on the pretty.

You may recall my bathroom still had the original 1972 vanity complete with it's limey green cultured (fake) marble top. Well, that thing is so out of here!


and soon will be replaced by this old sideboard as new vanity.


That's the best pic I could get since it's currently somewhat buried in my holding area. And no, the flame mahogany will most definitely not be painted upon.

But before the buffet/vanity can get installed, I've got to finish up this project-let that's underway



Those are 12x12 mirror tiles purchased from The Home Depot that I'm attempting to antique so they'll look something like this.


If all goes according to plan, this antique mirror wall will be happening on the wall behind my vanity.

So that's all I have to share today. I'm feeling a little nervous about our slow progress thus far, but I'm determined to get this finished up in time for the reveal in three weeks!  

Thanks for checking in on my progress and please make sure you visit the other participants too!  You can find links to all of the projects on our hostess Linda's blog here and here.

Follow along with me on InstagramPinterest, and Facebook!




25 comments:

Unknown said...

just found your blog via orc. looking forward to seeing that lovely vanity in place and those mirrored tiles. dana

pam {simple details} said...

OH MY, I'm DYING over that antiqued mirror wall, Kim! What a statement, and with that vanity, holy moly!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

You are too talented! I am drooling over the piece of furniture! Dear Lord it is gorgeous wood!
Look froward to following, as always.
Teresa
xoxo

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

A few years ago we looked into antiquing mirror tiles. MC and I couldn't find a product that would do the job. What are you using? We ended up using the tiles
"unantiqued", it was OK, but not the look I wanted.

Thehouseofhampton said...

You know I'm dying to see this come together! Keeping my fingers crossed for an excellent outcome on the mirrors. Love, love, love the flame vanity. I just found one on CL!!!!
Sharon

My Notting Hill said...

Love the plan with the mirrors. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I love this plan. Can't wait to see more!

Kate Collins said...

It's looking good and all coming together. I love the idea of an antiqued mirror wall!!.

mrs. V | Chez V said...

That vanity is smashing! I need deets immediately on the mirror antiquing business. No worries, it will all come together - you always kill it girl.

Jane B. said...

Oh I can't wait to see this antique mirror, it sounds fabulous!! So fun to see everyone's progress. Okay I'm off to follow you ;)

Jane B. said...

I can't wait to see this antique mirror it sounds Awesome! I'll be following :)

Unknown said...

That vanity is SO gorgeous- I'm in love with and can't wait to see the antique mirror!!!!

celine@aquahaus said...

ooooohhh...I need a good antique mirror tutorial! Yes!!!!! I love that sideboard too. good stuff!!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

That amazing vanity and antiqued mirrors??!! This is going to be soooo good!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how this turns out! The mirror will be amazing. Good luck this week :)

kate@willowinteriors said...

That sideboard is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see it as a vanity and with your awesome idea for an antique mirror. Amazing!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the new vanity ... this is going to be amazing!

tjaklitsch said...

Don't be such a tease -- details on the mirror project please!!!!

Fran said...

Love the vanity and with the antiqued mirror - it's going to be good. I can't even imagine trying to finish this in 6 weeks - it is definitely not for the faint hearted!! Good luck!

angela | the painted house said...

I'm anxiously awaiting results for that antique mirror--all the best!!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Yes, dying to hear how the antique mirror turns out. I thought of attempting to do that but in the end sourced out the antique mirror for my kitchen cabinets. Good luck!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Absolutely love the antique mirror idea and I love the new vanity! Looks great and I a so excited to see the finished project! :)

Kim said...

Oh Kim, this is going to be fabulous! You can do it ... I am cheering you on!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That sideboard is a honey of a piece. And refinishing it will be no joke I'm sure. You can do it my friend!!

SHERRY HART said...

Slap somebody....that antique mirror is sweet! Can't wait until you tell us how to do it:)