The Latest Finds and News

Monday, February 4, 2013

So, here's an update on everything designery that's going on with moi.


I got a new light purchased and installed for my foyer.  A small victory, but a victory nonetheless. This is the Acanthus light from Shades of Light.  I've been a fan of this light for a while, and blogged about it here.  Heads up:  it's currently on sale!!


Have I shared this lamp with you?  In any case, it resides on my kitchen counter top.  I love the glow of a little lamp light in the kitchen, and you can't tell, but the shade is lined with gold leaf.  Super cute and makes my little kitchen feel cozy.

Isn't this great?  I think it's a table base.  I plan to use it as an end table between two chairs in my formal living room.  Here's the top.


AND - I can't believe I'm saying this but I've been invited to participate in the blockbuster "One Room Challenge"!!! That business kicks off this Wednesday and runs on the following 6 consecutive Wednesdays.  One room - start to finish!   I'm so honored and excited and I hope you'll obsess and stress right along with me. Honestly, I'm feeling some pressure here because there are going to be some uber talented ladies participating.  The room I've selected to tackle is my family room at Project Dollhouse.  For those of you who have followed along on this slow and lengthy journey, I commend you for your patience, and I urge you to hang in there because some serious decorating is about to go down. 


The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating/Design Service in Chattanooga, TN. Call Kim today and find out how a well designed home can improve the quality of your life! 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com






23 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love that chandelier and the table base. Seriously great...and I love a lamp in the kitchen. I don't know why I don't have one in mine? Looking forward to your family room makeover.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love your new lighting and can't wait to see what you do with your family room!!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Wow that is so exciting. Congrats. I know it will be Chattafabulous!! - Brandy

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love your new light and the price is great....good luck on the one room challenge.

Unknown said...

I love the word: designery. I'm going to use it! Also, the light fixture is a show stopper! I'm off to find a home for one!
xo
hooper

The Pink Pagoda said...

LOVE the light fixture! Can't wait to see more on your ORC!

My Interior Life said...

Ooh, I've always loved that fixture and it looks perfect in your entry. Of course, I love the chinoiserie lamp and stool. Cannot wait to see your ORC family room!! Congrats!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Kim I'm so excited to see your room top to bottom!! How exciting and great motivation to get it done.
Loving all over your new acanthus leaf light - so pretty in your foyer!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Can't wait to see the family room makeover!! Take care, Caroline

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

love that table base!

Unknown said...

That chandelier is darling!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I so love a lamp on a kitchen counter....makes it feel homey...we have one on our counter in our mountain condo...not as pretty as yours though.
I'm new to ORC, too...nothing like a little pressure to get me moving. :)

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Love the new entry light. It's so fun!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

I'm excited about the One ROom challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love the crown chandy! and love the asian black box/table...my mom has a similar one!

Kim said...

Oh, I want a lamp in my kitchen ... that will be my next challenge! Looking forward to some ORC Designery with you over the next few weeks!! xo

Abby M. Interiors said...

The light is fantastic! Perfect for that space. Congrats on the ORC! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. And YOU are über talented so don't believe those thoughts that pop up to say otherwise.
Abby

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Love your light and table and congrats on the ORC. Can't wait to see what you do!

Jenny Castle Design said...

How exciting Kim, cant wait to see what you do!! Love the light fixrure too, so charming!

Donna Benedetto said...

Congrats on the one room challenge...can't wait to see what you come up with. Chandelier is stunning!
Donna
thebeneblog.com

designchic said...

I've LOVED that light fixture forever...it looks fabulous!!

Fran said...

I can't wait to see what you do in the 'one room one challenge' contest. Exciting. I love the light fixture you chose for your hall!! It's great and I definitely don't see it as a small victory - making a final decision (at least in my opinion) can be so hard! So congrats!

Matters of Style said...

Love a lamp in the kitchen! Great finds!!

Tobe | BIA said...

LOVE. it. all.