Billy Baldwin Slipper Chairs

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A few weeks ago I had the great fortune of coming across a pair of Billy Baldwin style slipper chairs!  These are good quality chairs made by Sherrill, and are probably from the 1980's. 


I've always loved this style chair for its good looks, classic lines and go-anywhere flexibility.  I immediately knew these chairs would be perfect for the family room over at Project Dollhouse.  The family room is a long, narrow space and I plan to divide into two seating areas; one area for watching tv and one area for reading. These chairs will be perfect because they don't take up much room and their low profiles will help me keep an open feel to this divided space.

And now, a little slipper chair/Billy Baldwin inspiration...






Masculine in a fab horizontal stripe


Do you like the contrasting seat cushion?  Not a fan myself...

And I'd love them in white, but I have three dogs and I'm a Capricorn.



And here's the best part - I worked out a trade of goods for services and all I have to do is provide my own materials and they'll be reupholstered in the fabric of my choice!

Yay! and oh no!  Let the obsessing begin...

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kimberly Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

"Like" The Green Room Interiors on Facebook and be the first to see our new arrivals and get special discounts exclusively for Facebook fans!













19 comments:

My Interior Life said...

Oh, how wonderful! Yes, now the agony/joy of picking the perfect fabric. I love slipper chairs and have a pair of chocolate velvet ones in my open concept living/family room because of just the reasons you mentioned. They don't take up a lot of visual space and are so versatile. Love your examples!

Ashley said...

FAAAAAANtastic! Love the images you provided, because they show that this style chair is versatile. Any way you are currently leaning for fabric?

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

COOL!!!!! I'l take two please, for my family room;)

so umm, what fabric are you thinking? I like the horizontal stripes:)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love these chairs. They work well in small spaces also. Cant wait to see the fabric you select.

Splendid Sass said...

I had slipper chairs on each side of a chest in my living room. I hate I got rid of them. Gorgeous images.
Have a nice day, Kim.
Teresa
xoxo

kayce hughes said...

love!

Stacy CUrran said...

I can't wait to see what you pick you cover them in! And good for you on the trade....reupholstery is so expensive!
Stacy

Cris said...

Haha - is a trip to Atlanta's great fabric stores in your near future? I'm agreeing wit you - don't like the contrasting cushion in this chair's case. Cool find!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this style of chair..I had a pair on one of my last homes, they were perfect...fabulous find!!
best,
maureen

amber wallace said...

Lucky you!!! I'm so happy for you are your traded re-upholstery too.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Gotta love a good trade. Looking forward to seeing these beauties when they're upholstered.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

You are the luckiest of ducks! Great find!

Chic Coles said...

Billy Baldwin is just the best and this chair is a total classic.

Unknown said...

I love a great slipper chair. So mahy possibilities. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Unknown said...

Good for you.
I would do anything to come across those chairs. So pretty.

Abby M. Interiors said...

Congratulations! What a find!
Abby

Kendall said...

That's quite a deal! I can't wait to see what fabric you pick!

Holly Phillips @ The English Room said...

A classic beauty. Timeless appeal!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who stated to me about this weblog, this webpage is
in fact remarkable.

My weblog :: kliknij