Bliss in the Bathroom

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Did you know that one of my favorite spaces to renovate is the bathroom? It's true!  I have done countless bathroom renovations in the old homes I have restored -  and trust me, bathrooms have come a long way since the turn of the century!  I think humankind has finally come to the realization that the first space you visit each morning to prepare for the day ahead should be functional and inspiring!  Imagine starting each day in a space like one of these...


I have a pair of sinks very similar to this in my own master bath.  I love them because they are vintage looking but have a nice deep basin and a big rim for all of my "stuff".











I  think a powder room is the perfect opportunity for a gallery wall! It's unexpected, and is easily enjoyed by (shall we say) the captive audience!




Happiness is having your own sexy seating area in the bathroom!



Image from Decor pad

You don't even need a big space to make a huge statement.  That great sconce and wall mounted plumbing goes a long way to make cute happen in this tiny bathroom!







The two above are for my girly-girls!




Hope your week is full of blissful moments!



Fan my Facebook Page!


Would you like to start each day in bathroom that brings you bliss?  I have over a decade of experience crafting beautiful and functional bathrooms and will handle everything from the planning and design stages to the final finishes!  Call Kim at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.



12 comments:

A Room For Everyone said...

Love the images..I agree, bathrooms are great fun to renovate and decorate. I still need to finish ours..Rachaelxx

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Love the wall mounted plumbing and the new "vintage" vanities...they add so much charm and character...but also fit into our needs today!!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Love all of them! Happy Monday!

Jade

Karen said...

I love the all white bathroom in the last image. I'm sure it wouldn't be fun to clean, but wouldn't it be nice to spend a little time there in the morning getting ready to start your day?

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Bathrooms are my favorite! I love that cabinet in the "seating area" shot.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

hehe, love the captive audience idea!! v.funny!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

that seating area is too cute. i may need to move that somewhere else though, too nice for the bathroom.

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Bathrooms are where you go to improve, freshen up and clean up your act...it's SO important to be in a space that lives that out for you! Love all the little birds, it just works so well :)

Yulia Rahmawati said...

nice blog
I'm glad to find it

Unknown said...

That green one is awesome! I love the "girliness". Bathrooms are seriously overlooked, I LOVE them! My dream is to paint ours dark red and install a glamorous chandelier! XO!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

All so pretty. This is such an important room to decorate... so often they are cramped and unpleasant!

Privet and Holly said...

You couldn't be
more right about
bathrooms! I'm
re-thinking all
of ours, beginning
with the powder
room. THANKS for
these inspiring
pics! xx Suzanne