Beauty at American Thrift

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here I go again with another thrift  store post.  I wasn't even planning on thrifting this weekend, but I was out collecting fabric swatches for a client over the weekend and I just happened to be driving by America's Thrift Store (for you locals, its the one on Lee Highway & 153)  so of course I couldn't  just drive by there without stopping! (Can I get an amen?)  


Anyway, I can justify any purchase if I just try hard enough so I bought it for resale (that's what I told the husband).  In the meantime, it's visiting with me at my house (wink wink)!




This is the real deal!  It's tight as a drum,  is upholstered in this vibrant sunflower gold velvet (the color is sunnier than the photo reflects)  and that smooshy cushion is down-filled!  I fluffed the cushion so it would cute in it's photo shoot!


Do you love?  

12 comments:

Erica @ Decorica said...

I do. What are you planning on doing to it?

Nita Stacy said...

gorgeous! i think that's a keeper.

Unknown said...

Great find! I am super jealous! I love yellow, too! Of course, it might be awhile before it finds its "permanent" home, right? XO!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

You certainly get an Amen from me! Great find!!!

nostalgia_rentals said...

I'm jealous -- great find! Reminds me of a sofa I saw recently at an estate sale. Alas, my husband was with me and I couldn't talk him into buying it. Maybe I should have tried the "resale" angle. :)

Privet and Holly said...

Hi Kim! I'm having fun catching up on your posts at 5:05AM, CST!!! My days have been as a chauffeur to my kids this summer and I've a lot to see, here! First, this settee is so fabulous!!! I've always wanted one, just like it. As a matter of fact, I am re-thinking our master bedroom space and I am going to start prowling Craigslist and estate sales for a piece like this one ~ that squishy cushion is divine! Thanks for the inspiration!
xx Suzanne

this free bird said...

Yes! Love!! I think it needs to move in!! uh, adoption?

xoxo-carrie :)

Karen said...

So beautiful. I was visiting a huge antique market this week (more of a vintage market as all the pieces there aren't antique) and I saw a similar sofa. While I'm not in the market for one, I thought it would be fun to reupholster it in a modern fabric. I love the look of old meets new.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

What a great find! Wish it were mine! (That rhymes!)

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

yeah, you definitely couldn't pass that baby up. good thing you stopped by there!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

I love! I am just like you, can't help but stop in a thrift store when I see one! The satisfaction of finding an amazing piece for cheap is the best!

annechovie said...

Great find! Thanks for your visit and comment - have a super weekend.