TGIF

Friday, June 4, 2010


Yikes!  In my little corner of the world it has been rain and high humidity for a few weeks now which is making it tough to finish up some of my projects (sighs)...


I have decided not to let that get me down, so instead of the before/after furniture makeover post I had planned, I am switching gears and sharing some of my favorite inspiration photos.  










 Love the strong colors, feminine prints, and mix of non-related pieces.  It's stylish hot mess!




I have lots of shots of this favorite room by Christian May at Maison 21  I adore the framed chinoiserie panels and the nailhead detail on the side table.  That gold sconce is unexpected and fabulous!


I love how the classic architecture blends with the modern lighting.  All set off with the lovely colorful collection of prints. Heavenly!






I want this bedroom. A while back I did a post about using a chinoiserie screen as a headboard, but how great is this?  You get the cushy upholstered headboard and the drama of the chinoiserie panels flanking said headboard.  Perfection!








Doesn't this look like the room you stay in over Thanksgiving Holiday at your grandma's house?  And I mean that in a good way ... so cozy and comforting!




Hope your weekend is sunny!!








Need some help pulling your style together?  Kim and the Green Room Interiors can help you make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



15 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

that first room is my FAV! and yes, we are rain, rain, rain, here too! Hoping for a sunny weekend!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

My daughter wouldlove that last bedroom. To sleep among her books might just be her idea of heaven. It just makes me think about all the dusting. Love that bubble light fixture.

Unknown said...

These are all so great...even better, I have never seen any of them before! Really love that amazing stairway with all the art.
xx

Karen said...

I think I have about half of these same images in my inspiration file. My fav is the framed paper. Such a simple idea, but so much impact.

Privet and Holly said...

I have been wanting to bring in bird chinoiserie wallpaper in my master but have been afraid to commit to a whole wall. LOVE the idea of framing a couple of pieces....could even be different, but complimentary pieces...And YES, LOVE the last image, especially!! xx Suzanne

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

this post really just made my day! The spaces are so bright and fun!

Unknown said...

Love these so much! I can't even pick out my favorite, all of them are JUST my style! Gorgeous stuff, have a wonderful weekend!

Kendall said...

These are all new to me. I ADORE the stairwell with the four contemporary prints hanging on the wall. I'll be saving that for my files.

Sorry it's been so rainy in Chattanooga! Hope it clears up for the weekend.

Sharon Brown said...

I like that bedroom! Thanks for posting these.

Sharon

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...I love all these photos. Great inspiration.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I certainly see a thread through all of your insp pics! And that last one....I redid a chair in the velvet of the pillows!

Lori said...

Kim, I mentioned you in a comment I left on "The Galleries at Southside" Facebook page. Speaking of inspiration,...YOU are an inspiration! When I saw a cabinet they had in the consignment area at the Galleries that they were featuring, I thought of you. Go check it out! BTW, did you see the window treatments Becky Wilson came up with that we posted on our blog? www.thebrickpathstudio.blogspot.com ? They are so fun...and seem like something you and your blogites would enjoy. Hope to see you soon.

Design Actually said...

Great inspiration photos, I especially love the details of the stairway. Thanks for sharing!

Things That Inspire said...

I am besotted by the stairwell with the colorful prints...so beautiful!

Mike said...

The blue lion statues are very nice. They are hard to see though but look super cool.