Inspired by ...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Nature!  Mother earth is a tireless provider of design inspiration.  Today I am sharing with you the inspiration for my living room. Normally what intrigues to me is color, and I am constantly amazed by how color is so influenced by the other colors that surround it.  Take pink, for instance.  Pair pink with with purple and well ...






But take a more subtle coloration of pink, and pair it soft grey or taupe and it becomes sophisticated and calming, like in these color palettes provided by nature -

The inside of a seashell, with muted creams, pinks and grays.

Mother of pearl has the same quiet color palette.





The inspiration for my living room came from these egg prints






and here is how I translated it in my own home






The majority of the room is done in taupe (that's Benjamin Moore's Grant Beige on the walls) and cream with accents of shell pink in the curtains, pillows and accessories. The end result is a room that is calming, fresh and inspired by nature!

1 comments:

Kathysue said...

I love,love,love egg prints. Your living room is soft and lovely,Kathysue