Leopard and Floral

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Happy Monday!  First of all I want to thank everyone who took the time to stop by and see my bathroom reveal for The One Room Challenge.  Your kind comments and emails were greatly appreciated and I'm happy to report that just walking by that space brings a smile to my face.  How poetic.

Today I want to talk to you about combining leopard with floral prints.  The reason I started thinking about this particular combination came about during my last visit to my Mother's house in Atlanta.  She was asking me about updating her living room and we started talking about changing out some pillows.  I suggested leopard and her response was "with the flowers"?.

I was surprised that she had reservations about combining the two.  After all, she loves a good pattern mix as much as I do.

And clearly I have no qualms about mixing floral with leopard.



Miles Redd is no stranger to the leopard/floral mix, as seen here in House Beautiful.


Nor is Nick Olson:


So I say leopard and floral are completely compatible.  And speaking of mixing traditional prints with leopard, I'm considering adding a leopard rug to this bathroom.

Leopard and damask?  Works for me.

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com

Are you following me?   Instagram     Pinterest     Facebook


11 comments:

home before dark said...

In a few months, I am going to have most of my house carpeted in leopard. In three words: it's a neutral!

Price Style & Design said...

I agree that leopard and animal prints are a great addition to a well curated space -- and YOU do that so well! I always love seeing your masterpieces! Kudos to you!

Thehouseofhampton said...

They go hand in hand! It's a match made in heaven.
Sharon

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Miles and Nick and Kimberly. Sounds like sound advice to me. :)I can get behind this combo.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Wow! That Miles Redd or Nick Olsen know how to combine it! Love all of these images.
Have a great week, Kim.
Teresa
xoxo

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

I like both motifs but particularly like olsens approach

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Every room needs a little animal print...love it!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh i agree! and i would think since you hail from a long line of pattern mixers, she'll come around to it too!

Vel Criste said...

Your so brave with mixing patterns of a totally different genre but it truly works ! Love all your examples dear!

Kim said...

I love the mix ... classic and fresh at the same time!

Holly Gruszka said...

Yes yes and yes :) I love that mix. I added in a leopard print pillow to our living room sofa and I love what it brings to my pillow scheme. Can't wait to see what you do at your Mom's.