One Room Challenge - The Current State of Things and the Direction

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Welcome to this week's drama installment of The One Room Challenge.  If you're new to this thing called the Internet then here's the story.  Linda came up with the idea to have a group of bloggers participate in an online room makeover one week at a time for 6 consecutive Wednesdays and Thursdays sharing our progress (or lack thereof) each week and culminating in a big reveal on the last installment.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

My chosen room is my living room/dining room combo at my own little abode known as Project Dollhouse.  I'm happy to report that some progress has been made on some major design elements. Like the floor. We have one now.



And paint on the walls.  Want to know what color it is?  If only I knew.  I originally painted it Benjamin Moore's Symphony Blue (after I painted 1 coat of Farrow & Ball's Brinjal) and it was a little too intense.  Like being trapped in an oil painting.  So I added a little of this and a little of that of the leftover paint I had and this is what I got. I would describe it as navy teal, or marine blue.  It's darker than it appears in these images, as is the floor.

I also pulled the Craigslist green velvet sofa out of storage so here's a gander at that.



Classic tuxedo with brass nailheads.  The craigslist gods were smiling on me that day.  My iphone photos do not accurately capture the brilliance that is this sofa.

So, where am I going from here?  In the end I'd like to have a space that feels collected, colorful, layered, and mostly classic with a sense of age - but still feels like right now.

Some rooms that are inspiring me:




Are you still with me?  

The obligatory mood boards:



I created these mood boards months ago so naturally a few things have changed. Or more than a few things.  But I think overall it will have the same feel and color palette.

Makeovers start next week - sneak peeks on my Instagram.  Follow me!

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com







21 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Oh yes, I m feeling it! Love your inspiration photos and the color of the walls! Keep it going...
Sharon

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

That couch is just too good! For sure a Craigslist score! Love the mood boards, please please tell me your are going to use leopard in there!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

The paint color is so beautiful!! I love it.

House of Pemberley said...

I looks so, so good. I cannot wait to see it all come together. Fabulously, I have no doubt.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

That is one GREAT sofa!!!! I'm dying to see it in the room. You are off to a fabulous start. What 4 weeks left, you girls are crazy nuts!!!

Nichole said...

Wow! What a find!

kate@willowinteriors said...

How gorgeous is every one of your ideas...and that couch!!!! So awesome! Can't wait for sneak peeks on Instagram!

Andrea said...

I love that sofa sooo much!!! And that blue paint is so rich and elegant! I love your vision and your inspiration boards... this room is going to be exquisite!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

You can't fail with that sofa. Everybody with any sense wants that sofa. I am dying to see your rooms.

SHERRY HART said...

Maybe that is what I need...a storage place to keep all of those great things I see on occasion! Love the lines of the sofa....can't go wrong. I know this room will be great with your magic.!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Love that paint color and am totally impressed that you were able to just mess around with paint to get exactly what you wanted. And that sofa - so amazing!

StagerLinda said...

I adore a room with a whole lot going on! This room will be a feast for the eyes--great colors, amazing sofa, awesome accessories (love me some sunburst), etc. Can't wait to see it all!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

This is going to be so much fun!! I love what you are designing here. I will be following.
Terea
xoxo

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

I am cracking up over the wall color comment!! Looking good, what a great color that you made! ;-)

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I soooo share your love of green and I am dying over that sofa!! It all looks great so far. Your inspirations are so layered and lovely. I'm now in a panic -- hope you are calmer!!

taylor greenwalt said...

Love the green sofa...it's going to look amazing!

Carrie said...

I love, love, love the color combo! The couch is beyond amazing. And you cracked me up with the line about the floor. Can't wait to see what's next.

Megan said...

Love that sofa you found! Gotta love Craigslist!!

Holly Gruszka said...

High fives Kim - I know you got this and it's going to be SO good. I really love the vibe that you have going. Go get 'em :)

Katy Byrne said...

I am in love with your green sofa! Craigslist gold!

www.designsbykaty.com

Unknown said...

Oooh deliciousness! I am loving that library with the papered ceiling and your direction is fab!