Mid Century Cane Chairs Makeover

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Today I have a chair(s) makeover to share with you.  I won't bore you with the details of the process,  because its tedious and not very exciting to document in pictures. I say we just take a look at where it all started.


I found a pair of these Mid-Century cane armchairs at an Estate sale.  They were leftovers from a previous estate sale, probably because that gold velvet upholstery was in very sad shape.  Even though the wood frame was in perfect condition, I ultimately painted them because I thought they would look better with the green & white ikat fabric I had chosen.

Fast forward through the stripping, painting, cutting, stapling, gluing and cussing, and this is what I ended up with.




And wouldn't you know just the day before I finished these up I came across the perfect vintage lamp to coordinate with them.


Do you remember my dresser makeover a few weeks ago?

It occurred to me that with just a few accessories and pillows, you could literally build an entire room around these pieces.


Look for the chairs and lamp to mingle with the dresser at my booth at Merchants on Main this week.

Don't you love it when things come together so unexpectedly?

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be!  Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com.

To learn more about Design Services offered, click here.

To view my portfolio, click here.

To like The Green Room Interiors on Facebook, click here.










30 comments:

Ashley said...

No way you are selling these!?! They are fantastic, Kim!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You can not sell these pieces!!!! I need that dresser and those chairs. I'll take the lamp too!

How perfect would they be in my family room? Extremely perfect!

Decor & Harmony said...

Gorgeous! I love it all :)

Unknown said...

Kim!!! LOVE the chairs! Hooper and I had a similar one at our barn sale a few years back. We even painted it white with a green and white fabric. We only had one though :(... I'd of kept 2! Love it all!! -birdsofafeatherdesign.com

StagerLinda said...

Great job on the chairs. Your board for the whole room is great! Someone is going to be very happy to have them in their house.

Laura@happyroost said...

Love them! They look so fresh and pretty!

Laura
www.happyroostblog.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

They came out fantastic!

amber wallace said...

Love, love, love them!!! Amazing makeovers Kim!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

They look wonderful Kim. Great job!!!

Whitney said...

Kim, I NEED those chairs! How much are they?

Unknown said...

I'm working on that exact chair! I have it painted but I'm still searching for my fabric. Lovely job and I love the combination of colors and pieces you've used!

Renee@http://CasaStephensInteriors.com

My Interior Life said...

Girl, you took these from life support to freakin' fabulous! Are you kidding me?? They look so good, especially with your mood board mock up!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

so beautiful!! I love the fabric you chose. That room is going to look amazing.

Donna Benedetto said...

Let's just they those chairs are fabulous....right up there with my series Frumpy to Fabulous.
You did a gorgeous job and they will sell in heart beat!!
Donna
thebeneblog.com

henning love said...

wow those chairs are beautiful! great estate sale find and i love the finished product. the fabric you picked is just awesome

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

So lovely!! I have a chair I need to tackle but don't know where to start! Your dresser is gorgeous with them :)

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Seriously swoony Kim! I see those chairs all the time and think they would be so cute done like yours but for me the cussing would get out of hand, lol! I don't think I could do that. I love the complete room too.

Price Style & Design said...

Fantastic! There is nothing like a good chair makeover to brighten one's day! I love the fabric that you chose! Yum!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I can't believe you're not keeping those chairs! They're incredible -- great job!!

Cris Angsten said...

Cris wants lamp. After Cris shows you what crazy idea she has concocted for teeny tiny house using dark colors. *laughs*

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Seriously! You are talented. They look great and I love everything put together. Are you sure you want to sell them? - Brandy

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC!!! you have the vision and the talent sweet lady!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Matters of Style said...

Wow!!! Love!!!! They really look amazing!!

René said...

Oh my goodness - this is all coming together perfectly. LOVE those chairs!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Kim, you have amazing will power. I would keep them. You did a great job. I love them.

Melissa said...

Those chairs came out great! Love this entire set-up.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I can hardly breathe~ I love a makeover story! These pieces look AH-MA-ZING!
great job!
xo
hooper
www.birdsofafeatherdesign.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Kim, I don't know how I missed this post. I am totally in love with your chairs and that green ikat!! What a before and after!! And I love the mood board you created - the colors are so pretty together.

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog. Absolutely fabulous. These chairs....I die...they look gorgeous!

SHERRY HART said...

Glad you didn't show us all the hard work:). I like to see the happy ending......wonderful job!